A DAY OF FUN TURNED INTO A DAY OF TRAGEDY FOR A COUPLE WHO TOOK THEIR DOG TO LAKE ALLATOONA, BARTOW COUNTY, GEORGIA.
It was Patrick and Morgan Flemings very first time taking their dog Arya, a Border Collie to Lake Allatoona in Georgia, United States.
The had the best day throwing a ball and swimming in the lake, but about 30 minutes into the drive home Ayra began to make some strange noises, Morgan said in a post on Facebook.
They took their dog to vet as quickly as possible, however by the time they got there, the dog was already brain dead.
“We took our sweet Arya to the lake and had the best day playing ball and swimming around! About 30 minutes later on the drive home, we noticed her making weird noises …” she said in a Facebook post.
The vet told Morgan that Arya “most likely” died from a lake toxin, like blue-green algae. The algae is a type of bacteria found in freshwater lakes, streams, and ponds. It gives water a blue-green appearance and is toxic for pets to swim in and drink.
“Today was absolutely awful. We lost our fun, loving, and crazy girl to what we can only assume was a lake toxin such as blue-green algae. Arya, no dog will ever replace you in our hearts.”